Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA)
Central Oklahoma Chapter
Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) and its members strive to improve the quality of life to individuals who are hard of hearing through education, advocacy and self-help. The primary purpose of HLAA is to educate people who are hard of hearing, their families and friends, co-workers, teachers, industry, government, and others about hearing loss. HLAA provides adults and children with tools for self help; sensitizes the general population about the special needs of people who have hearing loss; and promotes understanding of the nature, causes, complications, and remedies of hearing loss, as well as ways to cope with it in daily life.
Hearing Loss Association
Integris Third Age Life Center
5100 N Brookline Ave., Ste 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Hearing Helpers Room
- Persons of all ages with hearing loss and their family members
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
- Training for Consumer & Family
- Loan Closet
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- No devices provided or covered.
- There is no application necessary to use the Hearing Helpers Room.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- The Hearing Helpers Room is staffed by volunteers and is open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Come & see listening devices and try them out with NO obligation. Hearing Helpers is not a vendor; therefore, does not sell the devices.
- HLA partners with Oklahoma ABLE Tech to provide an assistive technology device demonstration center and short-term equipment loan program. The demonstration center can assist a person or small group of individuals the opportunity to explore one or more assistive technology devices to assist in the decision-making process about device purchase or utilization. The short-term loan program provides the opportunity to borrow assistive technology devices to help individuals make an informed decision before purchasing, ensure compatibility between the device and user, have back-up equipment while waiting for repairs, or have a device while waiting for new equipment. ABLE Tech devices improve quality of life and help restore independence.
- A small deposit is required for the short-term equipment loan program.
- HLAA of Central Oklahoma accepts donations of used hearing aids that will be recycled for individuals in need.