Limeades for Learning
Limeades for Learning is a national initiative of SONIC Drive-In to support U.S. public school teachers in local communities. In partnership with DonorsChoose.org, SONIC will provide essential funds needed for learning materials and innovative teaching techniques to inspire creativity and learning in today’s youth. SONIC fans get to vote on their favorite projects, and the winning projects get funded.
- Any U.S. public, magnet or charter school teacher who registers, or is currently registered, as a SONIC Teacher on DonorsChoose.org., and
- must be a full-time educator at a public school (employed by the district), spending at least 75% of your time working directly with students.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- No AT devices are provided or covered
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- Aids for Vision Impaired
- Mobility Seating/Positioning
- Environmental Adaptations
- Learning & Developmental
- Speech Communication
- Teachers must register on-line at DonorsChoose.org
Pieces of the Puzzle
- Teacher proposals are funded based on the number of votes received by visiting the website. Voting is limited to a designated timeframe each fall; check the website for the exact dates.
- Teachers must register and submit their proposal early each school year to ensure that their projects can be reviewed and posted in time for voting.
- All requested resources must be used by students or directly provide a student experience.
- DonorsChoose.org will not accept requests for labor, capital improvements or vehicle purchases.
- SONIC will fund a maximum of $450 toward a winning project.
- This program is not designed to specifically fund assistive technology, however any proposal can be submitted that would assist the local teacher to get what is needed.