Vehicle Mobility Assistance Program
Automobile Mobility Program
Chrysler, Ford, GM, Saturn and many other automobile manufacturers offer “Mobility Programs” established to provide rebates to drivers with disabilities for the installation of adaptive equipment in any new vehicle, whether purchased or leased. Most lifts and carriers are eligible for reimbursement under the terms of the mobility programs as listed below. There may also be state and federal programs available to financially assist with wheelchair carrier or scooter lift purchase. Contact ABLE Tech for more information.
The Chrysler AutoMobility Program
Ford Mobility Motoring Program
GM Mobility Reimbursement Program
(800) 833-9935 (TTY)
The Toyota Mobility Program
(800) 443-4999 (TTY)
Lexus Mobility Assistance Program
(800) 443-4999 (TTY)
Honda Customer Mobility Assistance Program
Acura Mobility Program
Hyundai Mobility Program
- Each company has different eligibility requirements. Contact the individual companies for these requirements.
- A prescription or letter from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead may be required for reimbursement. For some types of adaptations, such as hand controls and wheelchair or scooter hoists, the requirements for a medical note or prescription will be waived.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
AT Devices Provided/Covered
- Vehicle Modifications.
- Contact the individual automobile company to inquire about their application process and policies.
Pieces of the Puzzle
- Chrysler will provide a reimbursement to each eligible customer who installs qualifying adaptive driver or passenger equipment on a purchased or leased new Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep® or FIAT vehicle. Conversions to minivans may be reimbursed up to $1,000.
- Ford offers financial assistance up to $1,000 for installation of adaptive equipment, and up to $200 on alert hearing devices, lumbar support and running boards on new Ford, Mercury or Lincoln vehicle purchases or leases.
- Under the GM Mobility Reimbursement Program, a customer may be reimbursed up to $1,000 of the cost of any eligible after market adaptive equipment when installed on any eligible purchased or leased new Buick, Chevrolet, or GMC vehicles.
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. provides reimbursement up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer, for the exact cost they paid to purchase and install qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment. In addition, the Toyota Sienna is now available with the industry first factory installed power rotating lift-up Auto Access Seat.
- Lexus will provide a reimbursement up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for the exact cost they paid to purchase and install qualifying adaptive driving or passenger equipment for transporting persons with physical disabilities. This offer applies to all purchased or leased Lexus vehicles. Leased vehicles require advance written approval of adaptive equipment installations.
- Honda will provide a reimbursement up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail customer for expenses incurred to purchase and install qualifying adaptive equipment on any eligible purchased or leased Honda vehicle.
- Acura supports the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. With the purchase or lease of an Acura vehicle, the buyer will be provided with a cash reimbursement up to $1,000 of the cost of aftermarket adaptive equipment that is installed on any eligible vehicle.
- Hyundai provides for the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. With the purchase or lease of a Hyundai vehicle, the customer will be provided with a cash reimbursement up to $1,000 of the cost of aftermarket adaptive equipment that is installed on any eligible vehicle.