Department of Veterans Affairs
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) offers an array of benefits to Veterans that includes but not limited to health care, home loans and home modifications, vocational rehabilitation, and pharmacy benefits. The DVA provides a standard enhanced health benefits plan available to all enrolled Veterans. This plan emphasizes preventive and primary care, and offers a full range of outpatient and inpatient services within VA Health Care System.
- Varies depending on the benefit.
- VA applies a variety of factors during the application verification process when determining a Veterans’ eligibility for enrollment, but once a Veteran is enrolled, that Veteran remains enrolled in the VA health care system and maintains access to certain VA health benefits;
- most veterans’ health care benefits are based solely on active military service in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard members who were called to active duty by a federal order, or Merchant Marines during WWII, and discharged other than dishonorable conditions.
AT Services Provided/Covered
- Information & Referral
- Training for Consumer & Family
- Assessments & Evaluations
- Fabrication of Devices
- Case Management
- Maintenance & Repairs
AT DEVICES PROVIDED/COVERED
- Aids for Daily Living
- Speech Communication
- Aids for Hearing Impaired
- Environmental Adaptations
- Aids for Vision Impaired
- Mobility/Seating & Positioning
- Computers & Related
- Vehicle Modifications
- Veterans can apply for VA health care, by completing VA Form 10-10EZ Application for Health Benefits. You can obtain this form by:
- going to: https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/; or
- calling the VA’s Health Benefits Service Center, toll free at (877) 222-VETS (8387), Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm EST.
Dispute Resolution Process
- A veteran must file a Notice of Disagreement within one year of the DVA decision. This must be submitted in writing and specify exactly the disagreement with the decision received. Individuals should refer to the VA Form 4107, “Your Rights To Appeal Our Decision” for further guidance on filing a Notice of Disagreement. Claimants may download a copy of the VA Form 4107 at: http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/4107.pdf.